Contacts

Tuesday 19 April 2011

I have spent a lot of time talking with my sister, who works in London for SlamPR and discussing my placements etc. So she has helped me get into contact with the design agencies she works with and some of her close friends who are graphic designers. I have had to create a new covering letter that would go alongside my portfolio so it would help illustrate me more and what I am capable of. This was from the advice of my sister and her boss (who also checked out my work), and her designer friends.
This has really helped me because it has put more structure to the people I am trying to get into contact with.
Here is the revised cover letter I have sent to the companies in London


My name is Robyn Russell.

I am a Graphic Design student currently in my second year at Leeds College of Art and I am currently averaging a  2:1.

I am writing to you with regards to a short term summer placement, a week or two, anywhere between the end of June to the middle of August. I have previously interned for a graphic design team local to my hometown, Creative Design http://www.gagraphics.co.uk/.

I have now amassed a varied skill base including a good understanding of design software such as :

·         Illustrator
·         In-Design
·         Photoshop
·         Quark
·         After Effects
·         Dreamweaver

My passion lies in package design, branding and any print based media and my work tends to focus on experimentation with type and layout.


I would relish the opportunity to work alongside a professional team, such as yourselves, in order to further my experience in the design industry.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Robyn Russell

Contact:
E-Mail - rr83299@students.leeds-art.ac.uk
Mobile - 07711884585  

Examination results:
Foundation Degree:  Art and Design (Merit)
A-Levels: 3 (A - C)
GCSEs: 10(A - C including English and Mathematics)

0 comments: