Enterprise Evaluation

Tuesday 3 May 2011

BA Graphic Design - OUCE255
END OF MODULE EVALUATION


Throughout this module I have learnt a lot. It has been a completely different experience to anything I have done before, and I have enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I think this may have been due to the fact it was looking at design from a completely different angle, and actually focusing on how to make our practice real. Which was really exciting. Not having a background in any form of business I was completely learning thing's from scratch, which was satisfying as I feel I have walked away from this module with a whole set of new skills and wider knowledge base. 
I found all the lectures interesting and took notes thoroughly in order for me to best understand them. I also found the tasks very interesting to do, as I mentioned before it was a great opportunity to try an analysis in a completely different way.


I really enjoyed the opportunity to create our own business. I really enjoyed working in my group and I know that we each worked really hard and we all felt as equally informed as each other. It was a great opportunity to put everything we had learnt into practice and really test what we had learnt, and I feel I came away from it knowing a lot more than I thought I did. I really enjoyed putting the presentation together, and it was nice to take on a brief in a different way and think about the logistics instead of the design. I think we delivered a strong presentation, with everyone being able to discuss their own parts in a confident and clear way. 
I think my weaknesses within this module would have to be understanding the finance structures and how that all relates. I did my best to get to grips with everything and stay as involved as possible but I defiantly fall short when it comes to numbers, It's something that has never been my strong point. However, I did focus myself on understanding the structure of the finances so as to walk away with some basic understanding. 


I think one thing i could have done better would be to use the quizzes that were available to us, i didn't utalise them fully i feel so next time i will. 


How I would grade myself on the following areas:
5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

Attendance 5

Punctuality 5 

Motivation 4

Commitment 5

Quantity of work produced 4

Quality of work produced 4

Contribution to the group 5

1 comments:

jane denton said...

so glad you feel you have extended your skills and knowledge in this module.the quizzes weren't necessary but like you say,were useful as quick reminders of the lectures.
you definately worked well as a group-maybe some more collaborations next year?
don't worry about understanding the finance in such depths-in the real world you would have experts in that field working alongside you-they wouldn't understand you either!