Portfolio talk with Andy Lodge

Friday 20 January 2012

I had probably the most helpful talk about my portfolio today. Andy Lodge gave me some really valuable advice, and in detail about every image and how each brief should be displayed. Simple things about telling a narrative of my projects, because the concepts don't fully show through. He was impressed with the work, but just thought the layout and style of photography was lacking in displaying the work in the most appropriate way, so this is something that i am defiantly going to have to re-vsisit.

I think what was helpful as well, was the fact that he explained to me how i need to push my briefs, in particular the buttercream one. And i have had the same point made by both Ben and Chris. So from this i think i will expand it, and show it more in-depth. I don't have to completely re-visit it but just push it so that it becomes a viable project that can showcase my skills in creating something quite innovative, but it also having a function.

Andy also pointed me towards possibly investigating a placement at Thompson's Brand Partners, he thinks that it would be a good opportunity for me to get a better understanding of branding, and they are really supportive.



0 comments: