Portfolio Surgery Ben Haworth - Beautiful Meme

Wednesday 18 January 2012

I had a really helpful portfolio surgery with Ben Haworth today from Beautiful Meme. It was exciting to be able to speak to someone from the industry that i am really interested in, they work across a variety of branding briefs and i think play to the strength of versatility.
Ben really helped, making it clear that i needed to tell a narrative with my story and so that it became more obvious what my concepts were about. Ben was very complimentary and helped me focus on what i was lacking, such as i needed to showcase my editorial designs, something that isn't as high end as i produce.
He also told me to explore more briefs, especially the cupcake one. Apparently i need to try and show more with the briefs, just to show the concepts more thoroughly.

I also managed to send through my dissertation questions to my him, and he suggested the idea of a placement at the end of the year, which is really exciting.




0 comments: