TASK 1 EVALUATION

Friday 29 October 2010

PACKAGING // BRANDING // PROMOTION

After looking into the cliental list i made, i began to realise that the industries that are important to me are the ones that incorporate packaging, branding and promotion. This correlates with me as a designer as the skills i have work across a variety of different medias and i am driven to push myself with new ideas and methods of delivery as much as possible. Being decisive has helped me focus on the areas where i know i would excel out in the main market and helped me gear my research that way. I looked at two companies that i feel embodied what i am looking for and i feel within those companies my creative style would thrive because they appeal to my varying nature and team work based ethic. The skills needed to work within these places are to be current and edgy and have a open mind for new things, which is exactly what i would bring. you would need to be informed and work hard. My aims are to work within a company that i would thrive in and would be able to contribute and it be appreciated, therefore i would try to avoid the larger companies as you would have the same atmosphere as you would working in a small agile and inventive company. I want to remain a versatile designer and for that i would need to work within a versatile environment which is exactly what you get when working across packaging, branding and promotion they would give me ample opportunity to try and push my skills as well as creating a professional standard to match myself against. By remaining versatile it mean i would be transfered over the varying jobs that are available within this client base, this is what I view to be key in becoming a successful graphic designers and making a name for myself, which is another important aim of mine.

0 comments: