CV

Thursday 5 April 2012

After looking at my CV and everything I have, i realised that it looks quite boring and it isn't exactly representing me as a designer.
So i have decided to make my CV a lot more creative, and incorporate things that i have used in the past, methods etc so make it represent my practice a lot more. Its all well and good me talking about tactility within a brand and making it special, yet not making mine? So i decided that i wanted to make a poster for my CV. That will come in two formats. 1, printed on newsprint for when i need to post it/take it with my to places and 2, a wooden engraved poster that focuses on the tactility of the CV and this would be used when i want to visit places and i can leave it with someone.

Initially i started out with a little key that i was going to use to map out my creativity, using the same dot sequence that i have on my website. I tried different colour variations and using lines to highlight different elements, but at the moment it just looks strange standing on its own. So i realised i needed to design the rest before i added this.




_______

After this i decided to take all the information that i had on my CV and start laying it out:




The reason it has a brown background is due to the fact i want to use newsprint to print on which has a slightly colour background so i just wanted to drop a similar colour behind to get a feel for balance. It will be a double sided A2 poster, that can be folded down into A5 for ease of use and carrying. 

I need to tweak my design ethos, and maybe replace young with Hungry, but overall im happy with the design.
Once its printed i want to wrap it in ribbon and create a seal with my logo to keep it shut.


0 comments: